Our Commitment to Health and Safety
As the province of Ontario moves toward another shutdown of many businesses and services, Good Grazes will remain open as a food takeout and delivery service.
The pandemic is actually a major player in the GG story. We launched in October 2019 as event caterers, feeding groups of up to 100 at a time! When the new reality set in with event cancellations and limitations on gatherings, we shifted our focus from grazing tables and parties to charcuterie, cheese, and grazing in a box, delivered directly to our customers.
Here's what we're doing to keep our community safe:
- We are Food-Handler-Certified by the City of Ottawa, meaning we have completed an official, mandatory training program required by all legal food businesses that ensures the safe storage, preparation, and delivery of products.
- We operate from a commercial, licensed and inspected kitchen. Commercial kitchen space for restaurants and food businesses is crucial to public health and safety, as the high standards set out by the City of Ottawa keep everyone safe. Home-based food businesses can rarely, if ever, meet the requirements when it comes to equipment, food preparation, storage temperatures, and sanitation. When supporting local, be sure to verify this very important detail.
- We limit contact beyond our bubble. We offer curbside pickup to all our customers to limit the number of people entering our facility. Only building employees and essential personnel can access the inside.
- We are masked at all times in our kitchen space, and when interacting with our customers for pick-ups.
- We purchase our goods through suppliers who deliver to our kitchen, and therefore our trips into stores and public spaces in the community are limited.
- Our delivery drivers are masked and will always maintain physical distancing when delivering your order.
Thank you to everyone who has supported Good Grazes (and even helped it grow!) during a very difficult time. We're honoured to keep serving you as we get through this. We're all in this together!